Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Steampunk Journal 3

I seem to have a lot of Steampunk mojo, so I'm sharing another Steampunky project. This time it's a journal cover featuring Steampunk Beauty from the Eclectic Steampunk rubber stamp set by Carmen Medlin Designsavailable at I Brake for Stamps.



Steampunk Beauty was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts) onto Neenah cardsttock and colored with Copic markers. The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Oval Nestabilities die set (Spellbinders).  Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) was used to add shine and dimension to the Steampunk Beauty monocle, the watch crystal, and the screws.

Black cardstock was die-cut with the matching Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die to serve as a mat for the Steampunk Beauty oval.

I used one of the Worn Journals (Idea-ology) as the base for my third Steampunk Journal. Gold metallic textured specialty paper (from my Fibermark stash) was sponged with Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger) to bring down the shine a bit. I cut the piece to 3" x 7", scored it, and backed it with double-sided tape to adhere it securely to the spine.

Patterned papers from the Timekeeper 6x6 pad (Marion Smith Designs) were edged with Jet Black Archival ink and layered onto the front and back covers of the journal.

The Double Scallop Border die (Die-namics) was used to die-cut black cardstock. The textured gold metallic cardstock used for the spine was die-cut with one of the dies from the Chains die set (Elizabeth Craft Designs) and two sizes of Upper and Lower Alphabet dies (All Occasion).

The image oval and the die-cut elements were adhered to the journal, then the ring binder insert was attached using screw-top brads. Tiny gears were adhered to the center of metallic flowers (Idea-ology and Prima Designs) with brads and/or glue. These flowers were added to the top right corner of the journal cover.

A hole was poked through the spine, a Ring Fastener (Idea-ology) and a watch charm and chain were added. I wanted to add bird and  heart charms, but I couldn't find them. No doubt they're someplace safe in the black hole that is my craft room (currently undergoing a remodel).

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Just so you know, I Brake for Stamps ships internationally!

Click HERE to be whisked I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code:  SAVE10KATHI .




Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment: